Programs Reading List
- Conder, T., and P. Williams. 1997. "Families first: the National Waterways Museum". MUSEUM INTERNATIONAL. 49 (1): 17-21.
- Ellenbogen, Kirsten M., Jessica J. Luke, and Lynn D. Dierking. 2004. "Family Learning Research in Museums: An Emerging Disciplinary Matrix?" Science Education. 88 (S1): S48-S58.
- Hatala, M., K. Tanenbaum, R. Wakkary, K. Muise, B. Mohabbati, G. Corness, J. Budd, and T. Loughin. 2009. "Experience Structuring Factors Affecting Learning in Family Visits to Museums". Lecture Notes in Computer Science. (5794): 37-51.
- Moussouri, Theano. 2003. "Negotiated agendas: Families in science and technology museums". International Journal of Technology Management = Journal International De La Gestion Technologique. 25 (5): 477.
- Palmquist, Sasha, and Kevin Crowley. 2007. "From Teachers to Testers: How Parents Talk to Novice and Expert Children in a Natural History Museum". Science Education. 91 (5): 783-804.
- Phipps, Molly. 2010. "Research Trends and Findings From a Decade (1997-2007) of Research on Informal Science Education and Free-Choice Science Learning". Visitor Studies. 13 (1): 3-22.
- Sanford, Camellia. 2010. "Evaluating Family Interactions to Inform Exhibit Design: Comparing Three Different Learning Behaviors in a Museum Setting". Visitor Studies. 13 (1): 67-89.
- Shine, Stephanie, and Teresa Y. Acosta. 2000. "Parent-Child Social Play in a Children's Museum". Family Relations. 49 (1): 45-52.
- Sterry, P., and E. Beaumont. 2006. "Methods for studying family visitors in art museums: A cross-disciplinary review of current research". Museum Management and Curatorship. 21 (3): 222-239.
- Tenenbaum, Harriet R., Jess Prior, Catherine L. Dowling, and Ruth E. Frost. 2010. "Supporting parent-child conversations in a history museum". British Journal of Educational Psychology. 80 (2): 241-254.
- Wu, K.-L., K. Holmes, and J. Tribe. 2010. "`Where do you want to go today?' An analysis of family group decisions to visit museums". Journal of Marketing Management. 26 (7/8): 706-726.
- Asato, Julie. 1997. Planning for families: family programming at the Museum of Chinese in the Americas. Thesis (M.S. Ed.)--Bank Street College of Education, New York, 1997.
- Blumenthal, Emily. 2008. Extending the experience: an interpretive material for family learning. Thesis (M.S. Ed.) - - Bank Street College of Education, New York, 2008.
- Burbank, Alice Sutton. 1998. Family learning in a German museum. Thesis (M.L.S.)--University of Oklahoma, 1998. Drake, Jennifer. 1993. Museum Theatre: St. George and the Dragon at The Cloisters, an interactive play for families. Thesis (M.S. Ed.)--Bank Street College of Education, 1993
- Laskin, Sage. 2004. An investigation of interpretation: interpretation methods guided by critical literacy for younger museum visitors and families. Thesis (M.A. in Art Education)--School of the Art Institute of Chicago, 2004.
- LaVilla-Havelin, James S. 1984. Family learning in the museum setting. Thesis (M.S. Ed.)--Bank Street College of Education, 1984.
- Kevin Crowley, Christian Schunn, William Bickel, Ellice Forman, and Camellia Wynona Sanford. 2009. Let's Give 'Em Something To Talk About: How Participation in a Shared Museum Experience Can Seed Family Learning Conversations At Home. http://etd.library.pitt.edu/ETD/available/etd-12072009-152924/unrestricted/SanfordCamelliaW2009Dissertation.pdf
- Krockover, Gerald H., and Loran Carleton Parker. 2009. The use of zoo exhibits by family groups to learn science.
- Margol, Valerie L. 1986. Parent-child interaction in art museum family programs. Thesis (M.A.)--John F. Kennedy University, 1986.
- Maxwell, Helen. 1998. Family programming at the Museum of Fine Arts. Thesis (M.S. Art Ed.)--Massachusetts College of Art, 1998.
- Plemons, Karen. 2009. Family learning and evaluation in museums: using evaluation to understand family audiences. Thesis (M.S. Ed.) - - Bank Street College of Education, New York, 2009.
- Salko, Rebecca Stoddard. 1990. The development and design of a history museum for families. Thesis (M.S. Ed.)--Bank Street College of Education, New York, 1990.
- Saunders, Victoria Jean. 1991. Learning together, sharing meanings: an examination of interactive family programs for art museum settings. Thesis (M.A.)--University of Oregon, 1991.
- Studart, Denise Coelho. 2000. The perceptions and behaviour of children and their families in child-orientated museum exhibitions. Thesis (Ph. D.)--University College London, 2000.
- Silbermann, Ellen. 2000. Museum investigations in science: a program for children and their families. Thesis (M.S. Ed.)--Bank Street College of Education, New York, 2000.
- Cave, Vicky, and Heather Nielsen. 2010. Planning for young children and their families. Edinburgh, U.K.: MuseumsEtc.